• 25/06/2021

    ANCCE Ordinary and Extra-ordinary General Assembly

    Jose Juan Morales: “Let’s look at the future with optimism and hope, thanks to a healthy association with its own resources, which allow us to carry out more and better actions for Purebred Spanish Horses.”

    The General Assembly ratified all resolutions taken in 2019 and 2020 and approved the 2021 budget.

    SICAB—from the 16th to the 21st of November in Sevilla—and for its 30th anniversary, seeks to maintain the pre-pandemic model to become a major event within the “new normality.”

    The 48th National Purebred Spanish Horse Breeders’ Association General Assembly was held this morning in the city of Sevilla. Members ratified the various point on the agenda, including 2019 and 2020 executive decisions and annual accounts, approved the 2021 budget and the agreements adopted by the Board of Directors.

    The President of ANCCE, Jose Juan Morales, began his speech by thanking Association employees for their constant and professional efforts after being furloughed during the initial months of the pandemic. He expressed his gratitude towards the executive committee and breeders for the unfaltering decision to hold SICAB 2020, which was not only one of the strangest editions but also the most necessary in PRE history. Should the event have been cancelled, both the breed and the sector would have suffered a grinding halt. Morales stated “I am truly proud to be the president of an association that is about to celebrate its golden jubilee and one that has organized thirty consecutive editions of an International Horse Fair, in which nothing has ever detained its evolution.” Likewise, he reported that SICAB 2021 would be held from the 16th to the 21st of November in Sevilla and that the event will try to maintain the pre-pandemic model to become one of the main events of the “new normality.”

    His speech continued to review the developments over recent years and the technological innovations and improvements applied. He indicated that the time had come to go back to the main points of his electoral agenda, including developing certified education within the equestrian sector; this project was halted in 2020 by the spread of Covid-19. He concluded with special emphasis and hope for ANCCE’s 50th anniversary in 2022, which is currently underway with the Press and Promotion Commission.

    Regarding the Purebred Spanish Horse Stud Book (LG PRE ANCCE), Director Arancha Rodriguez presented the annual report. She pointed out that “in 2020, a total of 12,343 new Purebred Spanish Horses were registered in the Birth Register (6101 colts and 6242 fillies). This placed the total census as of December 31st at 259,857 horses (129,978 stallions and 129,879 mares) belonging to 41,431 active stud farms in 66 countries. This is a 3% increase in horses and almost an 8% increase in stud farms. Of the newly registered stud farms, 44% are outside of Spain, with most being in the USA, Italy and Germany. The remaining 56% are here in Spain, with 47% being in Andalusia, followed by Catalonia, and Castilla y Leon leading the ranking.”

    Lastly, the Assembly designated Ernesto Vazquez, President of the Foro de Opinion El Caballo Español (opinion forum) as the 2020 Honorary Member. The 2021 Honorary Member is for former ANCCE President Juan Tirado.

  • Source — ANCCE — 25/06/2021